The vision of late Archbishop Mar Ivanios the first Arch Bishop of Syro Malankara Catholic Church and the commitment of the -Congregation of Daughters of Mary in the healing ministry lead to the beginning of St. Joseph's Mission Hospital.
It was established on May 17, 1953 by the Congregation of Daughters of Mary , a charitable society which was registered under the Travancore-Cochin Literary, scientific and charitable societies registration act of 1955 in 1974. Though it was started as a small clinic, the mustard seed of humanitarian and philanthropic service took deep roots and branched out to be a full-grown tree. Today, it has become a vast health care centre consisting of 250 beds hospital with almost all specialties along with two daughter institutions- St. Joseph's College of Nursing and St. Joseph's School of Nursing.
St. Joseph's Medical Trust was registered as a Charitable Trust in 2001 and re registered in 2011. This entity was founded in 1953 with the avowed objective of providing Medical care at moderate charges. The hospital is established with the intention of and inspired by the ideals of Congregation of the Daughters of Mary providing Medical assistance and care to people irrespective of caste, creed, religion and financial status. We provide free treatment for poor patients and conduct Community health promotion programmes ever since its establishment.