The vision of late Archbishop Mar Ivanious the first Archbishop of Syro Malankara Catholic Church and the commitment of the congregation in the healing ministry lead to the beginning of St. Joseph’s Mission Hospital. It was established on May 17-1953 by the congregation of Daughters of Mary. In 1971, a charitable society which was registered and the Travancore-Cochin Literary, scientific and charitable societies Registration act of 1955. Though, it was started as a small clinic, the mustard seed of humanitarian and philanthropic service took deep roots and branched out to be a full grown tree. Today it has become a vast health care centre consisting of 300 beds hospital with almost all specialties and some of the super specialties along with two daughter institutions, St Joseph’s College of Nursing and St. Joseph’s School of Nursing.
St Joseph’s medical trust was registered as a charitable trust in 2001 and re- registered in 2011. This entry was founded with the avowed objective of providing medical care at moderate charges .we provide free treatment for poor patients and conduct community health promotion programes ever since its establishment..